Raleigh, NC Breakup Counseling – Relationship Therapy, Couples
People often face three distinct issues after a breakup: they are mental, social and financial challenges. But the worst aspect of these challenges is mental. If not immediately dealt with, this could lead to serious health issue for those that are affected. This is why it is a good idea to seek help from a relationship counselor or therapist after a breakup. Some common symptoms usually associated with persons who have recently gone through breakups are:
- Insomnia or irregular sleeping pattern
- Lack of focus or motivation
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Anxiety disorders
- Inability to express oneself clearly
Breaking up after going through a bad relationship may not be a wrong decision after all, but failing to seek help from a trained relationship counselor may be inappropriate. There are plenty of negative feelings involved in a bad relationship, and the only way to get rid of those uncomfortable feelings is to approach a therapist who will professionally handle your case and speed up your recovery process. In fact, the duties of a relationship counselor include:
- Helping you overcome guilt and self-accusation following the collapse of your previous relationship
- Providing a comfortable environment for you to regain your mental sharpness
- Aiding you to improve on your communication skill so that you won’t have problems making a new relationship after you may have fully recovered
- Cultivating a habit of strength and fearlessness
- Listening attentively to all your complaints and offering useful and practical suggestions that are effective
The primary fact raised here is that it is unhelpful to refrain from seeking help: You probably won’t be able to recover fully alone if your breakup was indeed difficult and painful. There are persons who are afraid to go into another relationship simply because they still have painful memories of the unsuccessful relationships they had just left. This indicates that they have not been able to fully recover because they had probably handled the situations by themselves.
Why don’t you give us a call today so that we can schedule a consultation for you?