Child and Teen Counseling – Counselors and Therapists in Orlando
As adults we know that society puts pressure on us every day. Work responsibilities, family commitments, and societal pressures placed on us expectations that cause stress, worry and feelings of inadequacy. What we oftentimes don’t realize is that society places those same pressures on our youth. Child counselors know that this has a direct impact on their self-esteem and their self-worth.
Today’s kids are highly susceptible to encountering a mental health concern. Stress and predisposition are the catalysts for triggering a mental health disorder and with kids enduring pressure from school, home, friends, and social media, there has never been a more stressful environment for kids to grow up in. Parents are tasked with advocating for the positive mental health for their children and having the experience of a child counselor on their side can be a great benefit.
With mental health diagnoses on the rise it is common for child counselors to see these top five disorders:
- Anxiety Disorders, including Social Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Behavior Disorders, including Conduct Disorder and Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Mood Disorders, including Depression and Bipolar Disorder
If your child is showing signs of one of these mental health concerns, a counselor can work with you and your child to properly diagnose and treat the problem. Some ways in which a counselor can provide help for youth suffering from mental health disorders can include:
- Helping to create a structure and routine to alleviate stress associated with change
- Giving the child a safe environment to express themselves
- Working with parents and teachers on how to best support the child
Raising a child within our society can be challenging. Our office provides child counseling to help when those challenges begin to feel overwhelming. A trained and qualified counselor can guide you in the right direction to take some of the stress out of your life. Both you and your child will benefit from a consultation from one of our qualified child counselors.
Call today to book an appointment to talk about these disorders and how you can help your child.