Counseling for Breakups – Therapists and Counselors in Littleton
It takes a lot of energy to recover after breaking up from one’s lover, partner or spouse. This is because the experience can make people become emotionally spent. Dealing with both sweet and bad memories can push someone into losing his or her sanity. Hence, it is imperative that people going through relationship breakups should look for help.
Common Symptoms of Relationship Breakups
Stated below are some common symptoms observable in people going through relationship breakups:
- Real physical exhaustion
- Inability to sleep well
- Feeling anxious or nervous
- Feeling depressed
- No motivation
- Thoughts of killing themselves
- Feeling hopeless, et cetera
Anyone having the symptoms highlighted above should immediately seek relationship breakup counseling. It is almost impossible to handle these issues by oneself. An experienced breakup therapist should be able to offer concrete assistance in this regard.
Challenges People Usually Faced After Breakups
- Social challenge: The first noticeable difference in people going through relationship breakups is their social withdrawal—they abandon friends, relatives and colleagues to remain isolated.
- Financial challenge: Financial hardship occurs when the financial assistance from one’s spouse or partner ceases as a result of the breaking up.
- Mental challenge: Two noticeable mental illnesses that usually accompanying breaking up are depression and strange mood swings.
How Can a Qualified Relationship Counselor Help in this Case?
Talking to a qualified relationship counselor or therapist may help provide the therapy breakup couples, partners and lovers desperately need. These therapists will:
- Listen carefully to the affected party and give practical suggestions
- Provide real-time counseling according to the initial information obtained from the affected party
- Keep the counselling session real and give advice that are actionable
- Guide the affected party through an effective process of self-recovery
- Create a positive environment to boost the self-confidence of the affected party
- Help the affected party to eliminate guilt and self-accusation from his or her mind
- Cultivate an attitude of better communication ability in the affected partner
Give us a call if you are experiencing any of the relationship breakup issues described above.