Trying To Get Your Driver’s License Back? Substance Abuse Evaluations in Forest Hills
We Are Now Offering Substance Abuse Evaluations at our Thriveworks Grand Rapids Location.
If you have lost your Michigan driver’s license due to DUI or OWI, and are in the process of trying to get it restored, you will be required to have a driver’s license restoration hearing. As part of that hearing, you are required to submit a variety of evidence to prove your sobriety.
One of the pieces of evidence you must submit is a current substance abuse evaluation, dated no more than 3 months prior to submission of your evidence. Other evidence includes, but is not limited to, community support letter, documented evidence of attendance at support meetings, Ignition Interlock final report (if you have one installed)
More information on this process can be found here.
We Can Help!
We provide substance abuse evaluations for satisfying the Michigan Secretary of State Drivers License Restoration Hearing requirement at our practice in Grand Rapids, Forest Hills. To obtain a substance abuse evaluation, please call 616-425-2176. All of the information you will need for the session is below.
Time: Appointments are 2.5 hours long and are set at certain times throughout the week.
- A credit card number will be collected from you when you make your appointment. It will be charged for your appointment 24 hours ahead of your appointment time.
- The 24 hour cancellation policy applies to this service. Any canceled, rescheduled, no-show appointments, or clients who are required to reschedule because of a lack of appropriate documentation, within 24 hours, will be subject to a $99 cancellation fee.
What To Bring:
- Personal History Related To Substance Abuse: Please bring any history of prior convictions, driving violations, and criminal records. Please include all relevant dates and blood alcohol content. Please also note any dates of sobriety.
- Support Letters: Three to six community support letters – these would be letters from people in good standing in the community that would be able to speak to your commitment to sobriety.
- Meeting Attendance: Documentary evidence of attendance at support meetings (AA, NA, etc. sign in sheets)
- Ignition Interlock Final Report: If you have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle, please get the final report from the company and bring it with you to your appointment
- Drug Test Results: Please bring any drug test results with you (if applicable)
- Treatment Documentation: Any documentation of counseling or other treatment you have participated in.
Please bring all of these items with you to your appointment. Unfortunately, we will have to reschedule your appointment if you arrive without all of your appropriate documentation.
After Your Appointment
Your evaluation results and all other documentation will be sent to the appropriate government office within7 days of your appointment.
The two clinicians in our office providing this service are Katherine Elenbaas and Olja Haglund. You can read more about them under the “Our Team” tab of our website.
Thriveworks Counseling Grand Rapids | 4079 Park East Court SE, Suite C, Grand Rapids, MI
Phone: 616-425-2176 | Wesbite: http://thriveworks.com/grand-rapids-counseling