Location: Lynchburg, VA
Posted: August 6, 2014
Thriveworks is seeking a full-time experienced web developer and internet marketer to join its team within the marketing department in our Lynchburg area based office.
This person will be involved in the creation and support of all of Thriveworks websites and other online marketing and communication efforts.
Thriveworks has a rigorous screening process for new employees. We look for outstanding achievements, above-average educational credentials and additional professional accolades. We spend time getting to know every potential team member, making sure they are a good fit for the Thriveworks model of practice and will fit within the greater Thriveworks community.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Marketing, or related field — without degree, at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, and critical thinking skills
- Experience designing and building sites on the WordPress CMS. We do require that you know how to use WordPress and WP Multisite
- Experience with Internet Marketing – including principles of SEO (301 redirects, canonicalization, SEO Audits, ranking, etc.)
- Competent in editing code in a text editor: Coda, Espresso, etc (you don’t need Dreamweaver to do the work for you)
- Skilled at using design software to produce elements for the web (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with reporting platforms such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of and experience with PPC, Display Media, Constant Contact, and Social Media (Google Adwords Certification Preferred)
Competitive compensation. Benefits include health, dental, and 401-K retirement plans.
Want to Apply?
In an email to email@example.com, submit the following:
- Portfolio/examples of your work — a link to a website is preferred (any websites submitted must represent 80% or more of your work exclusively.
- Resumé and Cover Letter
- One thing you would change about our site
- In addition, to make sure we hear from you, please contact us via our online form
NOTE: We are not looking for freelance or independent contractors.
Friend us on Facebook.