We are actively recruiting a Psychiatrist who will be an Independent Contractor to work in our Thriveworks Atlanta Counseling (located Just north of Buckhead, in Sandy Springs). At Thriveworks we believe that counseling is not just for those who are hurting. Many of our clients are high-achieving, growth-focused individuals or couples who believe, as we do, that ANYONE can benefit from counseling, and that EVERYONE has the potential to grow — to thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for those acts of diagnosis, treatment, prescribing of medication which are directly performed as licensed physician
- Provide clinical and case related consultation to clinicians, teams, management, etc.
- Ensure appropriate communication with treatment team and follow up for medication prescribed
- Psychiatric record keeping in Electronic Health Record system in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Psychiatric evaluation and assessment services
- Maintain compliance in all areas of practice
- Provide one hour per month (minimum) supervision for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Prescribe medication on a conservative basis to treat verifiable mental health diseases and conditions
- Experience with treating adults required. Experience treating children preferred
- MD from accredited university with minimum 1 year experience providing Psychiatric care
- Current DEA permit required
- Competitive compensation
Learn more about a Thriveworks practice at http://thriveworks.com
Like us on Facebook!
Thriveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read our mission statement here: http://thriveworks.com/professional-counseling/mission-and-vision/