Sports Counseling – Therapists and Counselors in Colorado Springs, CO
A gymnast preparing for a competition, worried about a previous injury. A distant runner who is stuck running the same mile time, unable to break 5:00 min. A football player who is afraid to make a mistake. A soccer player that is continually frustrated with teammates, unable to work with the team.
Some people may wonder, why participate in a sport? The financial cost, lengthy practices and excessive stress are seen as “over the top” to some people. Not everyone understands the thrill and the rush of adrenaline when playing well. The comradery of the team, and the feeling of accomplishment when the goal is reached – the one you’ve worked for months to reach – these are the unseen benefits of sports.
Of course, there are many physical benefits as well:
- Healthy Heart
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps with weight control
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps to manage stress
The personal, social and emotional benefits:
- Increased self esteem
- Increased self-discipline
- Improved attitude
- Increased respect for others
- Teamwork leads to sense of belonging, being part of something greater
- Improved people skills – from playing as a team
- Ability to remain calm and problem solve in difficult situations.
With all these benefits, you may wonder……
Why should I consider Sports Psychology or Sports Counseling at Thriveworks Colorado Springs?
Are you stuck in rut, experiencing repeated results? Do you want to take your sport to the next level? Do you see your son or daughter in any of the situations described in the first paragraph? Consider seeing a counselor at Thriveworks to meet the goals you have set for your sports performance.
What can we help with?
- Fear of failure and coping with mistakes
- Pregame or prerace anxiety
- Improve focus and composure, learn to envision success
- Time management, including having an efficient schedule
- Recovery from injury – the pressure, the fears
- Goal setting
- Strategies for getting along with teammates
Why Choose Sports Counseling Colorado Springs Thriveworks?
As an athlete, you clearly have high standards of yourself and others. You probably invest a lot of time and money to be at your best. Thriveworks also has high standards and strives to be the best – so we can support our people to thrive at the highest level. You might notice that at Thriveworks, we do things a little differently:
- We don’t have a wait list.
- 97% of our appointments are on time.
- We provide complimentary tea and coffee.
- We take many types of insurance.
- Our modern and comfortable offices are refreshing and uplifting.
Come and check us out! 719-266-3919